Hi there friends,
It has been quite a long time since I’ve updated all of you. Spring came and Summer has just about kicked into full gear. God is so good, and I can’t begin to tell you all the great things He has done. May all the Glory go to Him. In the past few months since we last talked some new things have happened:
- We got a Jersey Dairy Cow named Princess Buttercup. Yes, it is from the movie Princess Bride. We really enjoy that movie.
- Our Cow Share program is flowing smoothly!
- We got another intern for the 2015 season! Peter (PJ) is 19 and from West Virginia. He’s only been here a week but seems like he’ll fit in nicely here. I’m excited.
- The animals are all doing very well. Our Flerd (flock/herd) loves being out in the pasture and make for some great pictures!
- I had the opportunity to run our booth at the Market Square Farmers Market in May. It was a great market and nice to see some familiar faces and tell others about Heritage Farm
- We are delivering over 200 chickens each week all over the state of Pennsylvania!
- I had the privilege of hosting a Bridal Shower for my future Sister in Law Julia last weekend and it was so fun!
- Micah is almost ready to ride his tricycle.
- Patrick is contemplating cruising along furniture. He prefers crawling J
Those are the main points of discussions today.
Farmers Markets in Clarion have been in full swing since Mother’s Day weekend and that means lots of baking and travel. Markets are one of my favorite places to go each week. I love seeing the people, talking to them and sharing the Heritage Farm story. When I step back and hear myself talking about the difference between our food and other foods it’s amazing how far I’ve come. It is so fun to get to talk to people about how where your food comes from matters. It matters nutritionally, economically, and morally. The conversations I get to have are so fun. The perceptions that people have are crazy sometimes, but I get to tell them about good food that they will never want to go back. God uses it all to advance His Kingdom.
Always feel free to comment, email or just come on by and visit for a bit.